Madison Michelle

Madison Michelle

August 22, 2016

Ocean Isle, North Carolina


Brayden finished his first semester on Friday, so we thought it was the perfect opportunity to have a quick weekend getaway! My parents friends, the Larkins, have a beach house in Ocean Isle, North Carolina and they were kind enough to let us use it! It was so much fun. It was nice to be together and not have anything to worry about any type of schoolwork, test, or anything! Driving up to North Carolina we realized that there are probably 100 amazing mini golf courses, and I mean like legit courses. We were looking for a place to eat on our way up, Brayden always says he is not good at trying new places to eat, so he said he was waiting for a restaurant to "pop out" at him. Luckily, one did! It was called Nacho Hippo. It was sooo good!! 

Next morning, we woke up and went to play some tennis. Brayden and I want to get better at playing tennis, we have a couple of friends that are really good. Since we don't like to lose we both have made it a goal to become better at it so we can beat them. :) Later in the day we headed to the beach. We laid out in the sun and brought some snacks and played Kubb. Unfortunately, I lost when we were playing Kubb. I am an awful loser, it is something I need to get better at...cause it puts me in a bad mood and Brayden just laughs at me. After the beach we went back to the house and set up our little croquet set (that we got from our wedding) on a grass area outside of the house. I cannot tell you the last time I have played croquet! My family used to play it all the time when we would go to San Diego every summer. It was so fun! Again, I struggled and lost...and Brayden laughed. But he was trying to be sweet and encouraging and helping me get better. By the end of the day, I definitely improved! 

The rest of the weekend was spent relaxing and just being together. It was the best. I love any time that I can get to spend with him! This was a perfect weekend. 


















1 comment:

  1. Proud of you for getting in the water!! ;) I think that condo would be a perfect place for Thanksgiving....

    ReplyDelete