Madison Michelle

Madison Michelle

August 15, 2016

Saying goodbye to my childhood home


Well. It's happened... My parents officially moved out of this beautiful house today. It is hard for me to think about never being able to come "home" to this house again. For 21 years my family has called Brassie Lane home. This home holds so many memories. It is where my siblings and I would run down the hall lined up youngest to oldest on Christmas mornings to see what Santa had brought us. It is the place where we had numerous family get togethers, weddings, farewells, homecomings, holidays, bridal/baby showers, basketball practices, team parties, etc. It will forever be my home! But what I do know is that family is what makes a house a home and luckily, I have the best family there is. I am so thankful for all of the hardwork my parents put into this house, they are the reason why we had this beautiful home filled with all the amazing memories. 

This house will hold a special place in my heart. It is the place that I always dreamed about having my wedding reception. My reception was one of the last big events my mom was able to plan at this house. My mom did not disappoint, she went out of this house with a BANG. Every detail was perfect, every space of the backyard was utilized to the fullest, and of course the In-N-Out truck was on the driveway. It was like my parents built the house for an In-N-Out truck to fit perfectly. They are such smart thinkers :) 

It also was the place that we said goodbye to my grandma. For about the last month of her life she lived at our house in the guest bedroom. Even though it was a sad time because we knew she wouldn't be with us for much longer, it was still the best time. We constantly had family over watching, changing, feeding, eating dinner & pazookies (well that was until papa dave laid down the law and yelled "NO MORE PAZOOKIES!"). It was amazing how such a big family could fit so perfectly and comfortably in one place. It was perfect. 

This place is the perfect representation of how a home should be lived in. It is the so warm and cozy, just like a home should be.  

Don't worry about me, I'll just be eating away my feelings tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment