Madison Michelle

Madison Michelle

August 6, 2016

Getting Settled


Our first day in Charleston was HOT. Brayden and I had to unload the trailer and car that day before my parents flew in so that we could pick them up. It was difficult and there was a lot of complaining, but we did it! Living on the third floor and moving in don't mix very well. But after a couple of hours we were finished! Our apartment was a mess with boxes everywhere but we were done with having to haul our stuff in the heat.

Once we finished unloading we headed to pick up my parents! I was so excited to see them. I know it was only a few days since I had last seen them, but I was still excited. We got a lot done in the next few days. We spent a lot of long nights setting up the apartment. My dad and Brayden were in charge of assembling all of our new furniture, while my mom and I made the apartment organized and cute!

Luckily, we didn't just unpack and fix the apartment the whole time they were here. We were able to go and take a tour with my parents around Brayden's new school! It was exciting to be able to see where he will be going to school the next 4 years.

A few days later my sister Whitney flew into Charleston! We still had a lot to do at the apartment, but when she came we were able to do a few touristy things. We went to a couple of plantations, we went on a carriage tour around downtown Charleston, and we ate a lot. Downtown Charleston has a lot of yummy places to eat and we took full advantage of that throughout those few days.

We were so thankful for my parents and Whitney coming to help us move in to our new place. We honestly probably would not have been able to finish it all without them. They worked so hard and made sure everything was finished when they left. They were the best little helpers!


Taking a little tour around Brayden's new school!















Bray Bray's First Day of School!

No comments:

Post a Comment