Madison Michelle

Madison Michelle

October 6, 2014

Prague, Czech Rebublic


Prague. Well...it was interesting. I had really high hopes for this place, because of all of the wonderful things I have heard about it! But to be completely honest, it was not my favorite...at all. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved all of the buildings and the city was beautiful, but the whole experience itself was not the best. 

Our first day in Prague looked like it was going to be an amazing day, but as soon as we got to our first stop, The John Lennon Wall, it started pouring rain. And let me tell you, I was not prepared for this at all. My outfit choice for a rainy day was awful and the rain coat I had, was not so water proof. Anyway, enough complaining about the weather, because this day was my 21st birthday! It was kind of weird to celebrate a birthday with 30 people you had just met a couple weeks before, but that is what made it that much more fun! The John Lennon Wall was so awesome, I loved all the graffiti and the sayings that were written all over it. At the John Lennon Wall there was a "Happy Birthday" sign hanging up, so of course I had to take a picture in front of it! After visiting the wall we walked over the Charles Bridge and took a boat tour of the city. This boat tour was "nice", and when I say "nice", I really mean it was miserable. First off I was drenched, then no one could understand a word from our tour guide. Then to top it all off someone...*Lyndi* thought it would be a great idea to open the window of the boat that I was sitting by, so by this point water was flying into my face, and no one could figure out how to close the window. So this tour was obviously wonderful.. After our tour everyone was ready to sit down in a warm, cozy place, so we decided it was time to eat and we walked into the first place we passed. Once we were done eating we decided to walk around a little bit more, but we called it an early night because of the rain. 

Our next day in Prague, we went to church. I loved being able to attend church in a different country, even though I did not understand one word the said, I still could feel the spirit so strong! After church, we we walked around and went sight seeing through Prague. Halfway through the day, the girls I was with: Rachel, Carly, and Mary, and I decided we were done walking. So we found a spot on a curb and sat down and talked. Let me tell you, this talk was amazing. We heard so many stories about our love lives and just life in general from everyone, but mostly stories from Rachel(here is your shout out). Sorry, I wish I could go into more detail about the stories..but I just can't. I decided that after this day, Rachel is probably one of the best story-tellers...ever. I still remember this moment to this day. After we were done talking we decided we needed to take a picture of where this all went down, so that we could always remember it! This is when I realized that I would gain some lifelong friends from this study abroad. So even though Prague did not start out how we had all planned, it ended up being great. But with that said, when Prague does gets brought up around anyone in our study abroad all of us in unison say, "we hate Prague," but in all actuality we really didn't because that is where some of the greatest memories came from! 














1 comment: