Madison Michelle

Madison Michelle

October 20, 2014

Back to Germany..

I bought any Dr.Pepper I found.

On my trip I had really come to love Germany! All of the cities we traveled to were amazing. After we left Austria we traveled to three different cities in the span of 48 hours. The first stop we made was to Dachau Concentration Camp. This place was eye-opening. It was such an interesting learning experience for everyone in the group. Walking around the camp and seeing the prisoners sleeping, eating, and working arrangements was unreal. This experience was unlike any of our other venue visits, it was eye opening to see what went on to the prisoners during World War II. Dachau was very emotionally draining for everyone. But we had one more business visit stop to make that day.



The next stop for us was the BMW Plant.  This venue was seriously so awesome.  I am not even really into cars that much, but it was so cool to see the evolution of the BMW cars from the past to now.  I mean who wouldn't like to look at the Roles Royce limited edition? 






After touring around the plant we went to our hostel in Munich. Which was by far THE sketchiest place we stayed. I saw some things on the streets of Munich that I will not go into any detail about.. let's just say Munich in my mind was quite "dirty".

The next morning we woke up and went to the Neuschwanstein Castle in Garmisch. This castle is the castle that Walt Disney modeled the Cinderella castle after. It was absolutely beautiful, I wouldn't mind going back in the future!





After these crazy past 48 hours, we were able to take a break and we stayed in a nice American resort in Germany. The Edelweiss Lodge and Resort is owned by the U.S. Department of Defense, so everything in this resort was American! It was a nice break to be able to pay with American dollars, have American food and be able to understand everyone that spoke to me. I mean they even had Dr. Pepper on hand, so to say I was excited is a huge understatement. While staying at the resort we had a few venue visits lined up throughout the first day. One of the visits during that day we were able to go to the Partnach Gorge. Let's just say it was absolutely "gorge"ous! Seriously this hike was amazing, the whole time I just loved being able to look around and appreciate the beauty of this gorge. There is beauty all around us and we need to be able to take the time to recognize and appreciate it. We went on a lot of hikes on this study abroad and this hike was by far my favorite.






The next day at the Edelweiss Lodge and Resort was very low key, which was much needed for everyone in the group. We were able to relax and just enjoy the day without being stressed of having to be somewhere at a certain time. That night we had FHE where we went to a karaoke party at the resort. Let me tell you this karaoke part was wild..we have videos to prove it. I would definitely say our group was the hit of the karaoke show! A couple of us girls got together and sang "Say My Name" by Destiny's Child. The whole crowd was loving it. After finishing up with karaoke there was a firework show that we all went outside to enjoy.


All in all Edelweiss was good to us all.



No comments:

Post a Comment