Madison Michelle

Madison Michelle

October 30, 2014

Florence, Italy


Well..I love Italy.  It is not shocking that I fell in love with this place, because I have always heard of Italy's beauty. But seriously this place is unreal.  

We only had one day to venture around Florence. So it was a jam packed day. Especially because it was a bit delayed because our bus driver ran into a sign at the convent we were staying at and broke it (picture below). It was crazy! The nuns did not know what to do. He basically tried to fit our huge bus in that little arch way...I do not really understand what he was thinking, cause there was no way we would fit through that arch. Once he hit the sign he held up all the traffic, it was a fiasco. It is kind of a thing where you had to be there to understand it. But let's just say the nuns were not too thrilled..


Anyway back to my adventures...A lot of people in our group were looking for leather jackets and bags, so the majority of the day was spent in the leather markets. I loved it! I was one of the people that was searching for a leather jacket, but I unfortunately was not successful. I could not find exactly what I was looking for because all of the ones I saw were very "biker-ish" and I wanted more of a sleek look. At least some people found what they were looking for! After the leather markets we visited the Piazza del Duomo to look around the octagonal Baptistry. After visiting the Baptistry we went for some more Italian pizza and we obviously still had some room for gelato afterwards. I remember that this place that we went was THE BEST gelato I had on this entire trip. At night we walked to the top of a hill so that we could see the city lights. It was amazing!


Ps. I AM APPLYING FOR ANOTHER STUDY ABROAD. When you travel the world once, you honestly cannot get enough!




This is the arch he tried to fit through..dummy.



No comments:

Post a Comment