Madison Michelle

Madison Michelle

September 29, 2014

Dresden & Freiberg, Germany


So, not going to lie, when I first looked at our itinerary and saw how much we were going to be in Germany, I asked myself, WHY. Germany sure surprised me! I loved it, it was absolutely beautiful. All of the old buildings are so spectacular, the architecture in Germany is amazing. Germany was probably one of my favorite places, probably because I was not sure really what to expect.  On this part of our trip we stayed on the grounds of the Freiberg Temple, which was amazing. Then during the day we traveled down to Dresden, where we walked around a little town market, toured cathedrals, and traveled the city. After walking around for awhile we decided that gelato was a must, I mean when is it not? Gelato was definitely a theme for the whole trip, and I wasn't even mad about it. 














The next day, we woke up early and went to the Freiberg temple. It was such an amazing experience being able to see that the temple ordinances are the same wherever you go. After attending the temple, we went back to Dresden for round 2. We were able to tour the Semper Opera House, which was so beautiful! After the opera house, we took a trip to Pfunds Dairy,which The Guinness Book certified as the 'world's most beautiful dairy shop'.  The inside of this shop had such a unique and intricate design. I am so glad that we decided to take the long trek to this famous dairy. Once we got back to Freiberg for the night, a couple of us decided it was a perfect night for a run, and let me tell you it was beautiful. On this run I was able to talk and get to know some people I hadn't really gotten a chance to ever get to know. As we were running the sun was setting, it was spectacular. We all were super bummed none of us brought our phones to capture the beauty of the sun setting over the fields of yellow flowers, but don't worry I took mental pictures for myself. Once we got back, it was a pretty chill night were we all sat in the hall just talking and being on our phones/computers(we voted this place with the best wifi of the trip). 






No comments:

Post a Comment