Madison Michelle

Madison Michelle

April 5, 2016

Summer 2015


The summer of 2015 was filled with many fun adventures. It felt like I was gone every weekend, it was great.

First, right when I got back from my study abroad I went home to California for a couple of days with my family before going back to Utah.  Those few days were amazing. I love being home. We went shopping, ate, and just hung out with family. Then it was time to go back to Utah. Taylor flew up with me because my best friend Ryan Halls was getting married so she wanted to be there! I love when Taylor comes to visit Utah. When we flew in I had arranged with Becky to pick us up from the airport because Brayden had “work” and couldn’t. I was a little bummed he couldn’t come pick us up because I hadn’t seen him in about 2 months, but I had a little hunch that he was lying and was going to surprise me. I didn’t want to say anything, but of course I hoped it would happen….and it did!! It was the best surprise and was so great to be back in his arms again. On our way home from the airport we stopped at In-N-Out, of course. It was phenomenal, but it always is so that wasn’t a shock. The next few days were spent hiking with Taylor and Trevor, visiting the Alpine slides, Ryan’s wedding, and just hanging out with friends.

A couple weeks later was the Jimmerosity tournament. Jimmerosity is the foundation that I interned for this summer. It all went pretty smoothly. It was exciting to see all of our hard work come together. Brayden and I were even able to be referees for the tournament. Bad choice. Especially when you have overprotective parents that think their son/daughter are going to be the next kids in the NBA. But even after all the yelling it was still fun!

After we finished the tournament in Provo, Breck (another intern who happens to also be my cousin) and I were asked if we wanted to go to Glens Falls, New York. So of course we jumped at the opportunity to go to New York. It was a good experience for both of us, but also very stressful.

When I flew back from New York, Brayden and Whitney picked me up and we drove straight from Salt Lake to La Verne for the 4th of July. I love the 4th of July in La Verne. The small town parade, carnival and fireworks are so fun to me. We went to the parade, but then headed to our Newport beach house after it was over. In Newport we rode bikes around the beach, ate, and then watched to fireworks on the beach. The next day was the Disneyland day! Brayden has never been to Disneyland so we wanted to get a whole days worth of Disneyland. It was such a good day; I love everything about Disney. We got there when it opened and left when it closed. It was a perfect Disney day.

A few weeks later it was the annual Zylstra Newport vacation. This is my favorite time of the year. I love being with family and just hanging out with them all day. We spent most days by the pool, eating, paddle boarding, and playing games on the beach. We were able to go to some of our favorite places and enjoy our time together, unfortunately Rylee and Tanner couldn’t come because of school. We could all tell a difference without them there, I hate school.

When we got back to Utah we were able to hang out with our friends Ben and Megan Hopkins one more time before they left for medical school in Chicago. We went to the Lady Antebellum concert, not the best concert I have ever been to, but still a great time with friends!

At the beginning of August Brayden and I went to Bear Lake with Emily Egbert, Kenzy, and Kenzy’s family and friends. It was such a good time! There was so much to do, and Kenzy’s parents were great hosts. We rode 4-wheelers, dirt bikes, went boating, and played games at the cabin. It was a perfect weekend with friends. After that trip Bear Lake is one of my favorite places to vacation. Thank you Busby’s!

The rest of the summer was basically spent with Brayden and Kevin Johnson, Brayden’s friends from Boise. We loved spending our time with Kevin, just sitting by the fire at King Henry, barbecues, In-N-Out trips, and watching the Warriors beat the Caveliers. We are really going to miss being with friends when we move! The summer of 2015 will be hard to beat!



























































No comments:

Post a Comment