Madison Michelle

Madison Michelle

February 9, 2018

Charleston Winter Wonderland


Brayden and I came home from christmas break to a winter wonderland! All week they were predicting snow, but I never actually thought it was going to happen. The day after we got back Charleston was SHUT DOWN in preparation for the snow. I thought if anything it would be just a light dust of some snowflakes and it would move on. At first that's all it was. Brayden and I went outside really quick to see it and then went back into our apartment. About an hour later, I looked out the window again and saw huge snowflakes falling from the sky. There was so much snow! I was amazed. It was crazy. Never did I think we would have to deal with snow the four years we were out here, I was prepared for the humidity, heat, and hurricanes(which we have already had 2 scares in the 2 years we have been here), but I was not prepared for the snow! 

Once it stopped snowing we had to dig through our bins to find our winter clothes, because let's be real, we have not had to pull those clothes out once since we have been here. We got all bundled up and started exploring downtown Charleston. It was seriously so beautiful. I was in awe walking around all the streets downtown. It was seriously like we were walking in a movie. It was so calm and peaceful because no one dared to drive the roads. After seeing all the houses and streets covered in snow I wouldn't mind that happening every year! It was so pretty that we just kept wandering all over downtown. We realized that when we got back to our apartment we walked about 5 miles just exploring the charleston winter wonderland. We stopped at a nearby grocery store, which I was shocked it was even open, to see if they had any hot chocolate because that sounded like a perfect ending to this beautiful day! But of course, they were all sold out because everyone else had the same idea we did. So instead we made some warm, yummy soup and watched a movie! 

I love these little random days off I get to spend with Brayden. I don't get them very often, so when I do we try to take full advantage of it. 











1 comment:

  1. I love these pictures! You guys look like you're straight out of a TV show!
    Plus, what a fun little adventure!!

    ReplyDelete